Terms & Conditions
This web site is operated by vaidyanarayana.com ("we", "us" or "our"). By using the vaidyanaraya.com website you are bound by these terms and conditions. All use and purchases made on this web site are governed by these Terms and Conditions at any time although the Terms and Conditions governing any given use or purchase will be those in effect at the date of your order or specific use. If you use or order goods after we have published any changes you will be bound by those changes. Accordingly, you should check prior to each or use order to ensure that you understand the precise terms and conditions applicable to your site visit or purchase. To assist you in determining whether the Terms and Conditions have changed since your most recent order we will display the date and time when these Terms and Conditions were most recently updated.
We will confirm acceptance of your order this will occur either by message on the website immediately after you have confirmed your order, or by us sending an e-mail to the e-mail address you have provided to us. We may do both, in which case the acceptance will occur on whichever arrives sooner of the web message and the e-mail. At this point the purchase contract will be made and we will supply the goods to you in accordance with your order and these Terms and Conditions.
You must be 18 years old or over in order to participate in our service.
Price & Delivery Charges
- With the exception of goods referred to in clause
- The price of the goods will be as quoted on the web site at the time you confirm your order subject only to any inadvertent technical error for which we will not be liable. If you subsequently amend your order to add items, the prices charged will be those applicable to the new item(s) at the time that the amended order is confirmed. Please note that as promotions are offered for a limited period of time subsequent amendments to your order may mean that certain promotions are no longer being offered
- Where items are ordered and sold individually by weight (such as certain fresh meat, poultry, fish, cheese or fruit and vegetables) the price of these items (expressed per kilogram or other appropriate unit of measurement) will be the price on the date that they are weighed. Although we have an indicative weight guide on the website, this is merely to assist your planning and the price you will be charged is the price for the actual weight you receive. In the event that there is a change in the price/kg between the time your order is made and the time the item is weighed and priced by the supplier, the price you will be charged will be the price at the time the item is weighed
- Each order you make will not include delivery charges free of charge
- If your order weighs more than 10kg and reside out of Chennai then we reserve the right to contact you with a bespoke delivery charge
Methods of Payments
- Payment may be made by UPI or debit or credit card or net banking. You can pay for your order by cash on delivery
- The debit, credit and charge cards accepted by us are those listed on the web site on the date on which your order is placed
- Authority for payment will be requested from your card issuer at the time of your order. We 'debit' your card with the full price of your order after we have delivered your shopping to you. We reserve the right to terminate our agreement with you if we are refused authority for payment or reasonably believe that payment will be refused at any stage
- Delivery will be made to the address specified by you during the order process on the website. You have the ability to change this address with each order through the website, and you must do so if you move home so that we can deliver to the correct address. We reserve the right to restrict deliveries in certain areas, and this includes the right to eliminate certain areas from our delivery schedule altogether.
- We will always try to supply you with the full quantity that you have ordered. If you are not satisfied with the quantity you have received we will arrange with you for non-perishable goods to be returned to us (please note that the goods must not be used and must be in good condition). In the event that the goods delivered to you are incomplete or include incorrect goods, you must notify us promptly. You will not be charged for any incorrect goods or goods which you have not received. In any event, subject to clause below, our liability will be limited to the price of the goods not delivered or incorrectly delivered and the cost of delivery
- All of our deliveries require a signature on receipt. It is your responsibility to ensure that an appropriate person is available at the delivery address on the delivery day. An appropriate person must sign for all goods on delivery. If no one is at the address when the delivery is attempted the goods will be retained by us. We will leave notification of delivery and you will have the option to re schedule delivery by calling our customer care center for that delivery charges will be applicable
- Please note adverse weather conditions or other events outside of our reasonable control may result in the occasional late or canceled delivery. If that is the case we will endeavor to contact you as soon as we are able to in order to reschedule your delivery time and date
- We will ordinarily only make deliveries when an appropriate person is able to receive the delivery. In the event that you instruct us to leave a delivery unattended at your address we expressly disclaim all liability which may arise by virtue of the delivery being left unattended for a period of time. This includes but is not limited to theft, tampering, contamination and the result of any change in temperature.
We guarantee the quality of our goods. You must inspect the goods and notify us promptly in writing or by phone of any dissatisfaction with your order. We will promptly and fully refund the price of any goods that do not meet with your reasonable satisfaction or arrange for the delivery of replacement goods, provided that you notify us within 14 days of delivery of the goods. We will arrange with you for the goods to be returned to us.
Amendment Of Orders And Cancellation Rights
- Unless otherwise notified to you in the confirmation e-mail it is not possible to amend your order after it has placed
- In respect of non-perishable items, you have the right to cancel the contract at any time until the expiry of the 7 working day after the date of delivery of the goods by notifying us by telephone or e-mail. In the case of perishable items you do not have the right to cancel the contract. Should you wish to cancel your order after placing the order but prior to the time of delivery, we shall be entitled to charge you in full for an amount equal to the price of the perishable items contained in your order
- We will arrange with you for cancelled non-perishable goods to be returned to us, and we will credit your payment card with the price of such goods within a reasonable period from the day on which cancellation was given (provided payment has already been debited to your payment card)